Embedded Software Engineer
Who are AmbiSense?
AmbiSense develops and deploys smart, rugged IoT instrumentation for remote environmental monitoring, employing robust analytics to deliver high quality data from harsh and hazardous locations.
Our innovative technology is actively used to detect and mitigate against ground gas risks, accelerating the remediation of contaminated land sites and provides a cost-effective solution to long-term monitoring requirements. We’re commercially active in brownfield redevelopments, waste management and oil & gas sectors.
From 2 people in early 2017 to a team now of 11 based in both Dublin and the UK, we’re a company on the move and expecting significant growth in the year ahead.
The Role Involves…
Your role, as Embedded Software Engineer, would be reporting to the Technical Services Manager. As a core member of the 4-person engineering team, you will be expected to work within this team, sometimes autonomously, and deliver on project phases on time and on budget.
Your projects will relate to both future and current designs. It will be a very much product focused role with a keen eye on customer requirements, expectations and delivery.
We will help you achieve your professional goals through supporting continuous professional development and pushing you into new and exciting areas of technology in the environmental sector.
The successful applicant will be based in our HQ Dublin, Ireland.
- Strong work ethic and ambition. We have big dreams for the future and we’d hope you would have the same!
- Interest in sensors, data and environmental technologies
- A self-starter with a flair for and ability to work towards delivering goals. We’re a close-knit team that work daily with each other, so teamwork and enthusiasm is vital.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail and high standard of quality of work. Quality of data being provided to customers is critical, so we need you to bring your ‘A’ game!
Apply with your CV, including a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org – or share with friends/family if you think this key role in an exciting sector, may be of interest to them.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in firmware, embedded systems, micro-controllers, design & development
- Strong experience in project management, scope detailing and multitasking
- Strong skills in design thinking and conceptualisation
- Strong skills in embedded programming essential. In-depth knowledge of programming languages (especially C, Python & Java)
- Track record of achievement and project delivery on time
- Familiarity with sensor specifications & integration an advantage