About the Company
Ambisense provides end to end solutions to empower our clients to make data-driven decisions on pressing environmental issues. From fundamental methodology through IoT device design to managing and analysing presenting the data to our clients. We are commercially active in brownfield redevelopments, air quality, flooding, waste management and oil & gas sectors in the UK, Australasia and Europe.
The core of our offering is the Ambilytics platform, which collects, analyses, and presents data in a meaningful form to the end client.
About the Role
You will be part of the R&D team reporting to the head of R&D. The R&D team is a team of scientists, data scientists and engineers designing solutions to address pressing environmental issues.
The Solution Architect will provide the lead role in a team of software developers to design, development and maintain the Ambilytics platform. You will coordinate and agree on the build and associated schedule with the product manager and your team, guiding the product manager to make good decisions on the design.
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice, and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology.
- Manage the platform team.
- Manages activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Review business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Directly assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the guidelines of the standard technical solutions.
- Assists domain architecture team on solutions management and timing of financial spend for application solutions.
- Supports the architectural aspects of all application projects in peer IT portfolios.
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
- Provides analysis of security protection technologies, as necessary.
- We operate across multiple sectors with a broad range of technology, you will be encouraged to broaden your knowledge and skillset to help focus your design decisions for the different sectors.
Skills & Competencies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in computer science or a related subject.
- Minimum of 10 – 12 years of experience related to IT Management or other information technology solutions architecture role
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the complexities of technical programs
- Experience with developing within cloud architecture.
- Familiarity with databases and designing data structures. As well as understanding and managing the performance limitations.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation.
The successful applicant will be based in our Dublin office. Remote working is possible, but you will be expected to spend two days per week in the office.
If you feel that your skills, experience and personality would fit well with the Ambisense team, send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] or click on the button below