About the Company
Ambisense designs and builds field deployable sensor technologies which feed into a centralized platform with the aim to automate & improve the delivery of environmental risk assessment. Our innovative technology is actively used to detect and mitigate environmental risk across infrastructure & brownfield redevelopments, air quality, waste management and oil & gas sectors.
About the Role
Flooding will put $14.2TN of assets at risk and displace up to 300M people by the end of the century. Working with a key partner, Ambisense has developed a novel solution which is still in stealth mode – which will radically reduce the risk of flooding in urban and rural areas.. To bring this product to market and scale It, we are looking to appoint a passionate, visionary & commercially astute technologist to the role of Product Manager. You will have end-to-end responsibility for the Product and be the critical bridge between sales, marketing & engineering and responsible for shaping the product vision and translating that vision into an actionable, data-driven roadmap of development activities for our engineering teams to execute on.
- Define and manage the product roadmap; understand the various demands on the roadmap and prioritise accordingly such that the engineering team is working on solving the most significant technical and customer challenges
- Deeply understand the challenges faced by our customers & the market in gathering high quality environmental data to solve complex environmental problems by regular research and interaction with key stakeholders
- Translate your technical and market insights into problems for the engineering team to resolve, ensuring you have scoped the solutions into MVPs to enable early shipping & gain feedback to refine future iterations.
- Build appropriate processes to quantitative and qualitatively assess the value of Product to the customer & the market and ensure this information is fed to the engineering, commercial & management team
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of products to the sales team and develop sales tools that support the selling process of products
- Source and develop key strategic partnerships for the products you manage
Skills and Competencies
- Educated to M.Sc or M. Eng level. w/ Civil Structural Engineering background
- Formal Product or Project management qualifications, a distinct advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the flooding/flood prevention sector. Ideally in a large environmental consultancy at Technical Director level or equivalent or in an adjacent product management role
- Strong understanding of IoT, Software & Data Analytics & familiarity with their adoption in the Environmental sector
- Demonstrable ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Experience in running customer workshops or similar to gather customer, competitor & market insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong design ethic, be able to think deeply about product design decisions
- You’re entrepreneurial and curious by nature – you don’t need direction, you’re self-driven to develop the best customer experience for your Product
Ireland or UK
Apply with your CV, including a cover letter to: [email protected]