About the Company
Ambisense is a technology company operating in the environmental sector. We build machine learning models using field-deployable sensor technologies and contextual data sources to simplify, automate and improve the delivery of environmental risk assessment.
About the Role
Ambisense UK is currently looking for a full-time Instrumentation Support Engineer to assist with our growing workload. As a core member of the UK team, you will be expected to work within this team, sometimes on-site, and deliver on works, builds and assemblies and customer requests as scheduled. You will work closely with the UK Operations team, reporting to the Technical Manager, in developing prototypes, feeding back issues during design reviews and driving continuous improvement. It will be very much support focused role with a keen eye on internal and external customer requirements, expectations and delivery The ideal candidate will relish the challenge of supporting the technical development, maintenance and operation of all Ambisense hardware in the UK and should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility is key to success. As a key member of the team, the ideal candidate will be comfortable delivering under pressure.
Who Should Apply
We seek an Instrumentation Support Engineer with a background in Instrumentation and an interest in environmental and geotechnical sensor technologies. The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility is key to success. As a key member of the team, the ideal candidate will be comfortable delivering under pressure.
- Support UK Operations Team and UK Customers
- Travel – travel within the UK and potentially abroad
- Supporting Ambisense Customers and Sub-Contractors in the field
- Undertaking testing, calibration & installation of new and existing products.
- Handling of RMA processes – debugging to component level, fault finding and repair
Qualifications & Experience
- Cert or diploma in an electronics-based discipline
- Valid CSCS card (preferable but not essential)
- Ability to debug electronic PCBs to component level
- Logistic & stock management experience an advantage
- Experience in building electronic assemblies/cabling/prototypes
- Experience in IoT/telemetry modules an advantage
- Exposure in device calibration and test procedures and the importance of correct documentation (ideally relating to gas or water devices)
- Must be competent in dealing directly with clients and sub-contractors in the field
- Ability to problem solve in the field and communicate site feedback into continuous improvement/development cycle
- Full UK Driving licence
- IT literacy (MS packages)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Right to work in UK
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills both with colleagues and clients
- Team Player
- Proactive & self-starter
The successful applicant will be based from our Southern office in the South East (Rainham, Essex).
Ambisense provides a competitive remuneration package tailored to your skills and experience. Full training will also be provided where required.
Ambisense is an equal opportunities employer. No applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of sex, marital or parental status, race, ethnic or national origin, colour, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
If you feel that your skills, experience and personality would fit well with the Ambisense team, send us your CV in the strictest confidence to [email protected], or to Recruitment, Ambisense UK, Thornton Science Park, Pool Lane, Ince, CH2 4NU, or just click on the button below to apply.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies