About the Company
Ambisense designs and builds field-deployable sensor technologies that feed into a centralized platform to automate and improve the delivery of environmental risk assessment. Our innovative technology is actively used to detect and mitigate environmental risk across infrastructure and brownfield redevelopments, air quality, waste management, and oil and gas sectors.
About the Role
With a rapidly growing business in the infrastructure and construction sector, Ambisense now wishes to appoint an experienced Industry leader to shape and deliver our growth strategy in this market. The role is split into two parts, first and primarily, the Head of Infrastructure will be the commercial lead for this sector. In this capacity, the role will lead on all commercial engagements in the infrastructure sector, liaising with our marketing and sales teams to articulate and present our value proposition and critically, directing the team into projects and opportunities which dovetail well with our products and services. Secondly, the role will engage with our Technical and Product leadership teams to play the ‘voice of the customer’ in ensuring our products, technologies and solutions are developed to meet and exceed the needs of infrastructure customers. This is a global role & some travel is expected, probably 10 – 15% of the time. The role reports into the CEO.
- Lead all aspects of Ambisense business in the infrastructure market
- Take the lead on all bids and similar commercial engagements in this sector
- Utilise industry knowledge and connections to find projects suitable and commercially viable for Ambisense technology approach
- Represent the company in relevant industry and trade bodies
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to deliver revenue & growth in the infrastructure sector
- Liaise closely with the CEO and other members of the Leadership Team to refine and execute the company’s strategy in the Infrastructure sector
- Liaise closely with the CTO and other members of the Technical & Product teams to ensure products, technologies and solutions are developed to meet and exceed the needs of infrastructure customers.
Skills & Competencies
- Educated to M.Sc level (or equivalent)
- At least 10 years’ experience working in the Infrastructure Development sector either in a similar role or at Director level or equivalent in a large multi-national Environmental Consultancy
- Proven track record of successful management of large and complex projects
- Proven track record of leading and winning large commercial bids within the Infrastructure sector
- Experience working in different territories including at least two of UK, Europe & North America
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing activities and people simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Problem-solving ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High integrity and openness combined with a commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
UK or North America
Apply with your CV, including a cover letter to: [email protected]