About the Company
Ambisense designs and builds field-deployable sensor technologies that feed into a centralized platform to automate and improve the delivery of environmental risk assessment. Our innovative technology is actively used to detect and mitigate environmental risk across infrastructure and brownfield redevelopments, air quality, waste management, and oil and gas sectors.
About the Role
With a rapidly growing suite of products in the air quality sector, Ambisense now wishes to appoint an experienced Industry leader to shape and deliver our growth strategy in this market. The role is split into two parts, first and primarily, the Head of Air Quality will be the commercial lead for this sector. In this capacity, the role will lead on all commercial engagements in the sector, liaising with our marketing and sales teams to articulate and present our value proposition. Secondly, the role will engage with our Technical and Product leadership teams to play the ‘voice of the market’ in ensuring our products, technologies and solutions are developed to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. This is a global role and some travel is expected, probably 10 – 15% of the time. The role reports into the CEO.
- Lead all aspects of Ambisense business in the air quality market, both indoor and outdoor
- Take the lead on all bids and similar commercial engagements in this sector
- Represent the company in relevant industry and trade bodies
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to deliver revenue and growth
- Liaise closely with the CEO and other members of the Leadership Team to refine and execute the company’s strategy in the air quality market
- Liaise closely with the CTO and other members of the Technical & Product teams to ensure products, technologies and solutions are developed to meet and exceed the needs of air quality customers.
Skills & Competencies
- Educated to M.Eng level (or equivalent). MBA or equivalent is a distinct advantage
- At least 10 years’ experience working in the Air Quality and FM sector in a senior capacity (Director level or equivalent)
- Proven track record of leading and winning large commercial bids
- Thorough understanding of product development (both HW and SW)
- Experience working in different territories including at least two of UK, Europe, and North America
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing activities and people simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Problem-solving ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High integrity and openness combined with a commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
UK or North America
If you feel that your skills, experience and personality would fit well with the Ambisense team, send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]