About the Company
Ambisense is a technology company operating in the environmental sector. We build machine learning models using field-deployable sensor technologies and contextual data sources to simplify, automate and improve the delivery of environmental risk assessment.
About the Role
You will be part of the R&D team reporting to the head of R&D. The R&D team is a team of scientists, data scientists and engineers designing solutions to address pressing environmental issues.
The full-stack development role is to work on the Ambilytics platform to design, create and maintain the functionality of the platform. Ambilytics is built on Microsoft Azure, therefore knowledge of cloud architecture data structures, algorithms, and performance is essential. Critically the software is built to scale, understanding and communicating the capacity and limitations on the future scalability of the product is essential.
- Maintain, design and develop the Ambilytics platform backend.
- Understand, mitigate and educate others on system limitations.
- Design and build new data pathways and corresponding data structures for new IoT devices and contextual data.
- Work with and advise our data scientists on the execution and scheduling of machine learning task run on our database.
- Work with the UI development team to design the frontend and work with external software development teams on the delivery.
- Automate tools to improve the stability and robustness of the platform.
- You will be encouraged to broaden your knowledge and skillset
Skills & Competencies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in computer science or a related subject.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture, ideally with experience in Azure.
- Familiarity with databases, and designing data structures, knowledge of PostgreSQL is desirable.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation.
- Cloud architecture design desirable.
- Problem-solving ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
If you feel that your skills, experience and personality would fit well with the Ambisense team, send us your CV in the strictest confidence to [email protected] or click on the button below