About the Company
Ambisense provides end to end solutions to empower our clients to make data-driven decisions on pressing environmental issues. From fundamental methodology through IoT device design to managing and analysing presenting the data to our clients. We are commercially active in brownfield redevelopments, air quality, flooding, waste management and oil & gas sectors in the UK, Australasia, and Europe.
The core of our offering is the Ambilytics platform, which collects, analyses, and presents data in a meaningful form to the end client.
About the Role
You will be part of the R&D team reporting to the head of R&D. The R&D team is a team of scientists, data scientists and engineers designing solutions to address pressing environmental issues.
The backend development role is to work on the Ambilytics platform to maintain, design and implement new functionality. Knowledge of cloud architecture data structures, algorithms, and performance is essential. Critically the software is built to scale, understanding and communicating the capacity and limitations on the future scalability of the product is essential.
- Maintain, design and develop the Ambilytics platform backend.
- Understand, mitigate and educate others on system limitations.
- Work with and advise and work with our data scientists on the execution and scheduling of machine learning tasks.
- Automate tools to improve the stability and robustness of the platform.
- We operate across multiple sectors with a broad range of technology, you will be encouraged to broaden your knowledge and skill set.
Skills & Competencies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in computer science or related subject.
- Experience with developing within cloud architecture.
- Familiarity with databases, and designing data structures, knowledge of PostgreSQL is desirable. As well as understanding and managing the performance limitations.
- Experience with Kubernetes and docker.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation.
Dublin, Ireland. Remote working is possible, you will be expected to spend two days per week in the office.
Apply with your CV, including a cover letter to: [email protected]