Who are AmbiSense?
AmbiSense is a technology company operating in the environmental sector. We build machine learning models utilizing field deployable sensor technologies and contextual data sources to simplify, automate and improve the delivery of environmental risk assessment. Through real-time sensor platforms, we generate unique insights into a multitude of industrial and environmental processes.
Our mission is to use technology to solve complex environmental problems. Our expertise includes instrumentation design, platform integration, data management, visualisation & analytics alongside our proprietary technology products such as GasfluX™, the world’s first real time continuous ground gas risk assessment & monitoring platform.
Who we’re looking for…
AmbiSense UK is currently looking for a full time Field Technician to assist with our growing workload.
The Role Involves…
Maintaining and supporting AmbiSense’s product portfolio in the field
Field installation of new products
Training & supporting subcontractors on test/calibration/handling/installation of new products
Handling of RMA processes – debugging, fault finding and repair etc
Completion of project documentation
Liaising with clients and customer care
Travel – regular travel within the UK required
Site Work – regular visits to the site to maintain AmbiSense products and assist sub-contractors
The successful applicant will be based from our HQ at Thornton Science Park, Cheshire.
AmbiSense provides a competitive remuneration package tailored to your skills and experience. Full training will also be provided where required.
AmbiSense is an equal opportunities employer. No applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of sex, marital or parental status, race, ethnic or national origin, colour, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
If you feel that your skills, experience and personality would fit well with the AmbiSense team, send us your CV in the strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Recruitment, AmbiSense UK, Thornton Science Park, Pool Lane, Ince, CH2 4NU.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of an HND in Electronic Engineering or related discipline or similar subject
- Valid CSCS card (preferable but not essential)
- Experience in the environmental industry preferred but not essential
- Must be competent in dealing directly with clients and sub-contractors in the field
- Ability to problem solve in the field and communicate site feedback into continuous improvement/development cycle
- Full UK Driving licence
- IT literacy (MS packages)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- We are looking for someone who has
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills both with colleagues and clients
- Team Player
- Proactive & self-starter