Engineering Support Technician
About the Company
AmbiSense develops and deploys smart, rugged IoT instrumentation for remote environmental monitoring, employing robust analytics to deliver high quality data from harsh and hazardous locations. Our innovative technology is actively used to detect and mitigate against ground gas risks, accelerating the remediation of contaminated land sites and provides a cost-effective solution to long-term monitoring requirements. We’re commercially active in brownfield redevelopments, waste management and oil & gas sectors. From 2 people in early 2017 to a team now of 11 based in both Dublin and the UK, we’re a company on the move and expecting significant growth in the year ahead.
Your role, as Engineering Support Technician, would be reporting to the Technical Services Manager. As a core member of the 4-person engineering team, you will be expected to work within this team, sometimes autonomously, sometimes on site, and deliver on works, builds and assemblies as scheduled. You will work closely with the hardware and test engineers in developing prototypes, feeding back issues during design reviews and driving continuous improvement. It will be a very much support focused role with a keen eye on internal and external customer requirements, expectations and delivery. We will help you achieve your professional goals through supporting continuous professional development and pushing you into new and exciting areas of technology in the environmental sector.
- Strong work ethic and ambition. We have big dreams for the future and we’d hope you would have the same!
- Interest in sensors, data and environmental technologies
- A self-starter with a flair for and ability to work towards delivering goals. We’re a close-knit team that work daily with each other, so teamwork and enthusiasm is vital.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail and high standard of quality of work. Quality of data/product being provided to customers is critical, so we need you to bring your ‘A’ game!
How to Apply:
Apply with your CV, including a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org – or share with friends/family if you think this key role in an exciting sector, may be of interest to them.
The successful applicant will be based in our HQ Dublin, Ireland.
- Minimum diploma/certificate in electronics or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in test, calibration, prototyping and assembly role
- Excellent communications skills with fluent English
- Experience debugging electronic PCBs
- Experience in building electronic assemblies/cabling/prototypes
- High level of soldering skills
- Experience in manufacturing and stock control an advantage
- Familiarity with sensors and an interest in IoT an advantage
- Full clean driving licence